Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 30 March 2008

Golden Tiara


This is another little tiara that is a slight veriation on a theme. I have used Alcazar Viscose Rayon No 0489 which is like a shiny buttermilk cream together with Madeira metallic gold-3, Mill Hill gold glass seed beads and gold bicone cystal beads.
I have stiffened the tatting with PVA craft glue, slightly diluted with water, ready for assembly, but I'm not sure if it is quite stiff enough. I find that by the time I have handled it putting it onto it's wire it will lose some of it's stiffness. I will try some hairspray when it is assembled, but if it is still not stiff enough I will redo the whole thing with "neat" glue.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You must know a lot of beautiful brides! The tiara is beautiful!

Toptattyhead said...

Hi Diane, all these tatted bridal pieces are for decorating a beauty-salon window in my local town. I am hoping to sell as many as possible and also to sell my wedding cakes.