Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 21 July 2008

Latest Project



At last I have something to show you all! I started this doily just before my surgery and I am going to try and continue with it this evening. My first attempt at tatting since surgery!

I decided to do a doily from The Tatter's Treasure Chest edited by Mary Waldrep as I thought it would be more gentle to ease myself back into.

The thread I am using is an antique Coates size 40 in ecru. This thread is an absolute delight to work with! It is firm but also has a beautiful sheen that makes the rings just glide to a close! It is a solid colour, the photo makes it look variagated, but that is simply the shading on my windowsill.

May I take this opportunity to thank all the lovely get well wishes that I have received from the tatting community. It was really heart warming to receive so much encouragement!

THANK YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Oh, how pretty! I hope you continue to recover at a nice steady pace!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful motif and you tatted it in such a lovely way. I like your antique ecrue thread, too. I'll have to tat that pattern now...LOL! I think I have that book.

Tatskool said...

mmmmm! that does look familiar and whooo it's the Starlight doiley that I used for my Coral reef doiley. It's going to look lovely.
Do take it easy tho, Rome wasn't built in a day.