Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Friday 15 August 2008

I named it Starburst Doily!



Now that the doily is completed I have named it "Starburst Doily". I am not 100% happy with it, as the outside rows are a bit too full and don't let the doily lie flat without a lot of pulling into position! I shall have to have another look at the stitch count to see if I can adjust it. In the meantime, Clyde has graciously agreed to test tat it for me and hopefully he will be able to help me to rectify it.
The first 8 rounds fitted perfectly and indeed the doily could end here, but I wanted a larger doily. The pattern repeat idea, I think, was good, but I just need to get the stitch count sorted out!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Linda, This is truly beautiful! I'm in awe!

Gina said...

I like the way the outer rounds set off the inner with the negative space inbetween.

Congratulations on the HH deal!

:-) Gina

victats@gmail.com said...

That's a lovely doily.

Anonymous said...

Thats GRAND

BoB

Needledreams said...

It's amazing! Love it!!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I love love love the way it turned out!

Tanya said...

Linda,
Wow!! What a beautiful doily, I really like your design. Nice work.

Tanya