Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 3 August 2008

Next Stage of Doily


After completing the round with the scallops it made a very pretty doily and anyone wanting this size of doily, 7" in diameter, could stop there, but I want to carry on as I have never designed a large doily before.
I tried with the repeat of the round of split rings and it works in perfectly and if my sums add up correctly when I have completed another 4 rounds after this one I should end up with a last row of 18 scallops and the whole thing should measure approximately 12" in diameter. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, The doily is looking really good, I cannot wait to see the finished product. Please feel free to ask if you need a test tatter as you know of my love for doilies.

Unknown said...

It'll be really interesting to see how it turns out. It looks like you're having fun designing it. I like that particular ecru color, the ecru I have from DMC is more of a creamy, yours looks more eggshell. I like it.

Tara said...

That's beautiful Linda! Can't wait to see the completed project!

Tara
http://www.tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

Toptattyhead said...

Than you Tara and TattingChic, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result as well!
Clyde, I had been toying with the idea of asking you to test tat this as I know doilies are your passion...so it was lovely to receive your message! When the doily is complete I will make a PDF of it so that I can sent it to you.