Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 20 October 2008

A pair of edged doilies



I have done this pair of edged doilies for putting under bedside lamps in my guest bedroom. The edging pattern comes from the Classic Tatting book by Anne Orr. I decided against doing dolies with just tatting as the base of the lamps is 6 inches across and would cover most of the tatting!

I have chosen a cream cotton to go with the maroon tatting as I have a maroon throw over the base of the bed, the main coverlet being in cream and beige.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look like they are going to be very pretty!

Gina said...

You know, sometimes I think that simple touch of elegance is far more effective than piles of doilies or mats. Lovely!