Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Saturday 25 July 2009

DVD coming soon!

I am in the process of producing a DVD on tatting for beginners. I posted two small demos on YouTube about beading and split rings and had so many requests for making a DVD for beginners - literally starting from scratch, like winding the shuttle - that I thought that I had better get on with it!

I had thought that there were quite a few instructional videos available that I didn't need to add to the list, but the amount of subscribers to my videos on YouTube and their assurance that they liked my way of instructing, led me to think, OK, lets do it!

If all goes to plan I should finish the DVD today and then I will try to make a little promotional video to post on my blog and on YouTube.

It will not be a professional video - I am doing it entirely on my own with my own video camera and computer software - but I think it will be classed as a good amateur one!

3 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Have you seen the Ring of Tatters DVD? It's brilliant.
http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ROTDVD.pdf

Toptattyhead said...

Yes, Jane, The Ring of Tatters have done a new DVD, but I am aiming at would-be tatters from all over the globe who have never heard of the RoT and have asked me personally to produce a very basic beginners DVD!

Fox said...

Hi Linda, Good for you! What a neat thing to do - and one that will surely be appreciated from a great variety of places, I bet! : ) Good Luck! Fox