Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 16 November 2009

A Thank You Gift

I'm well and truly back in the land of tatting!
I did not have surgery to my spine this time. I had, instead, an injection into the offending disc and vertabral joint. It worked very well indeed and my pain levels have reduced drastically! I am keeping everything crossed that this will last for a long time - if it does, I can just have it repeated - but if it doesn't, then it means that I will probably have to have the op!

The nurses and doctors were, as usual, wonderful and were dutifully thanked in the usual way, but my unsung heroine was Joan, who kept our ward immaculately clean and did everything she could to make my stay as comfortable as possible. As a special "thank you" to Joan I have designed this bookmark. She works tirelessly for her church and so thought that a bookmark in the shape of a cross would be just right.

This split ring version was my first attempt and although I liked the alternating colours I wasn't happy with the overall dimensions. I felt that the "arms" were not broad enough.


I opted for a very simple ring and chain design that met my own idea of the correct dimensions.


I used Lizbeth size 20 for the yellow/orange and purple/yellow ones and Lizbeth size 40 for the variagated one.




This is a close-up of the one I have decided to give to Joan.
This is such a basic design that it could well have already been achieved by another desgner. If you think that it is new, and you haven't seen it before, then I will write out the pattern and publish the PDF.










4 comments:

Ridgewoman said...

Yeah, you are back! (scuse the pun ~ inadvertent)
Thank you for filling us in on what took place, answered all my earlier questions. I'm glad there was no cutting; but, needles are owy too....
I'm especially glad that you have some relief. Pain is so exhausting in and of itself.
Love the crosses ~ I like split ring crosses.

XXX Bev

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you didn't need to go under the knife. I hope what they did works for you. You will be in my prayers.
I love the cross. I have not seen one like that.
Bonnie

Carla said...

Welcome back Linda.
I love your crosses.

Fox said...

Welcome back, Linda! Nice to have you and your wonderful work back in Tat-land!
Fox : )