Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Thursday 26 May 2011

Oval doily in progress - completed

Here is my latest doily completed. I wanted an oval doily to go under glass on an oval occassional table that I have. The doily that is on it at the moment is an old one from a pattern book and I wanted to replace it with something that I had designed myself. I have used a very standard edging, with a few tweeks, that can be found on many old patterns.....but I think that it works well in this case.


I doubt if I will ever write out the pattern for this as I would have to rework it to make it absolutely perfect......maybe one day, when I am bored and looking for something challenging!

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's beautiful, Linda! I hope you'll show us a picture of it on the table. : )

John said...

Linda,
This is absolutely beautiful! I really like the 'dimples' on the ends of the inner oval.
wonderful job!
john

alicja11 said...

Cudownie piękna.Pozdrawiam!

Miranda said...

Beautiful! You have such a great sense of proportion, and a knack for making each round look different, yet all the rounds blend effectively. Great job!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is just an amazing doily, as is all your work. It has to be difficult to design oval shapes, especially big doilies where stitch counts have to be altered greatly within within each round to achieve the oval shape.

I'm amazed you are able to concentrate on this with your back problem. I was shocked to hear about the failure of the operation! I thought things had been going well for you. I'm also sad that you have to curtail your cake decorating activities, and I'm sure your customers are disappointed also. Your recent cake was beautiful.

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

That turned out absolutely beautiful! such a pretty oval too, not an egg, not too round on the ends, very very nice shape! Just Beautiful!!!

Carla said...

Wonderful doily!