Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday, 17 October 2011

Joining Motif for Coronet Doilies

Following Judy Edwards adaptation of my Coronet Doilies (see previous post) I thought I would have a go at doing my own version.
This is how I would join the smaller outer coronet doily motifs together.
Only 5 more outer doilies and joining motifs to make! It will be quite large when it is completed (I am using size 20 Aida threads). I will post the overall size when I have finished.

Blue Ribbon Win!

Judy Edwards entered her adaptation of my Coronet Doily into NC State Fair and won first prize in the lace section, which included all types of lace.
I think that this is a wonderful result and kudos for tatting!
Well done, Judy!

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Double Fuchsia Flower

While I have been waiting for my thread to arrive for my Coronet Doily I have been playing with designing a double fuchsia. I did a single one in my very first book Petals to Pearls but I was recently looking at one of my beautiful double flowers in my garden and thought what a gorgeous one it would be to be replicated!
Here is the end result. I will do some leaves to make a display and then produce the pattern for it!

Cornet Doily - next step

Now that my new threads have arrived I can get on with this project! I'm pretty sure how I am going to join the outer motifs, but I think I will leave it as a surprise! LOL

Sunday, 2 October 2011

Janet's Xmas Tree

Here is Janet's trial run of my Xmas tree pattern, but using a needle instead of a shuttle. Didn't she do well?
Janet did not want to make the tree into 3D earrings - as in the pattern - but wanted it as a tree motif.
As she says in her message to me, the second side is not quite as even as the first, but she will get it much better with practice. Looking forward to seeing her improvement as time goes on!
Well done, Janet!

Coronet Doily Adaptation

Over on InTatters one of the members had tatted my large coronet doily and then tatted and joined the smaller version around the outside. She then had to design a joining section. As you can see from this picture she did a pretty good job but I thought it would be fun to do my own version.
So far I have made the centre doily and done two of the smaller ones (pic not taken yet) but unfortunately I am running out of thread! I managed to get hold of Mary-Helen yesterday evening and very fortunately she has got the right thread and colours that I am using and is sending them to me. I will then crack on with the project.

In the meantime, I thought I would design a new fuschia flower. I have one in my book of summer flowers, but looking at a beautiful double one in my garden, I am going to see if I can do it justice!